Maintenance and service
Whether for online communication for patrols in the security service, for logging waste material at the recycling centre or for optimising the maintenance work on rail vehicles — the mobile data collection solutions from CASIO always have their finger on the pulse and are always highly versatile. They also make documentation easier when it comes to maintenance and service. They speed up data synchronisation with significantly less effort and increase the efficiency of the human resources. For employees and for customers, using innovative MDC devices from CASIO means the best possible transparency and a high level of cost control. In the long term, work processes can be optimised so that the productivity of companies can be significantly.
Suitable products for Maintenance and service
- Open: Android 6.0.1 GMS operating system for a wide variety of apps
- Powerful: ARM® Cortex® A53 quad-core processor (1.2 GHz)
- Lightweight and robust: 325 g, IP67 protection rating, 1.5 m drop resistance
- Resists scratches and breakage: Toughened glass display screen
- Large 4.3" colour display (WVGA: 480 x 800 pixels) with touch panel
- Lightweight, at only 245–270 grams including battery
- Extremely robust with protection rating IP67 and 1.5 m drop resistance
- Highly ergonomic housing design that is extremely comfortable to hold
- Lightweight and robust: From 590 g, protection class IP54, 1.5 m drop resistance
- Ergonomic: Handy housing design with integrated printer for receipts, labels or tickets
- Practical: Paper tray with tear-off edge for rolls up to 80 mm wide
- High level of read performance: Integrated 1D/2D imager with autofocus function and two scanning buttons on the side
- Lightweight and easy to handle: 285 g
- Robust: IP67 protection class and 3 m drop resistance
- Ergonomic: non-slip housing with three conveniently placed scanning buttons
- Exceptional reading performance: high-speed laser scanner, 2D or All-Range imager
Identify potential, develop strategy and simplify vehicle repairs
The PUMA project (= production related mobile applications) was born out of a desire to optimise the work processes of the DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung GmbH. The aim was to simplify the common methods used in damage recording for trains, with paper forms and Excel spreadsheets, for all employees and to move them online using tablets. The CASIO V-T500 proved to be the perfect choice for this. With the Android™ operating system and applications in-house, the information flow could be accelerated and the flexibility during inventory taking improved. The standard features of the CASIO tablet meet all of the project team's requirements in terms of mobility, communication methods, security and quality.
The specific application in practice
"It had be clear to FZI customers that the rail vehicles would require even shorter stopovers in the workshop and that the vehicles could be back in scheduled operation more quickly", explains Katharina Siebke of DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung GmbH, Frankfurt/Main. Again and again, CASIO customers report on how they benefit daily from the use of high-quality mobile data collection devices in the area of maintenance and service. More practical experiences. Let yourself be convinced by the practical experience of others!