Transport and logistics
Time pressure is virtually ubiquitous: in an industry sector which relies on goods being delivered quickly and reliably, mobility and real-time communication is more important than ever. This is a challenge for the MDC devices used in these circumstances, which have to adapt to the differing working conditions in a wide variety of different companies. Add to this the fact that exterior conditions are not always optimal; for example, a device may fall from a truck or be subject to adverse weather conditions. Reliable operation must also be guaranteed in these cases. Robustness is one of the biggest strengths of the CASIO MDC devices that are held in high regard by many customers, especially in field operations in the logistics and transport sectors.
Suitable products for Transport and logistics
- Open: Android 6.0.1 GMS operating system for a wide variety of apps
- Powerful: ARM® Cortex® A53 quad-core processor (1.2 GHz)
- Lightweight and robust: 325 g, IP67 protection rating, 1.5 m drop resistance
- Resists scratches and breakage: Toughened glass display screen
- Large 4.3" colour display (WVGA: 480 x 800 pixels) with touch panel
- Lightweight, at only 245–270 grams including battery
- Extremely robust with protection rating IP67 and 1.5 m drop resistance
- Highly ergonomic housing design that is extremely comfortable to hold
- Lightweight and robust: From 590 g, protection class IP54, 1.5 m drop resistance
- Ergonomic: Handy housing design with integrated printer for receipts, labels or tickets
- Practical: Paper tray with tear-off edge for rolls up to 80 mm wide
- High level of read performance: Integrated 1D/2D imager with autofocus function and two scanning buttons on the side
- Lightweight and easy to handle: 285 g
- Robust: IP67 protection class and 3 m drop resistance
- Ergonomic: non-slip housing with three conveniently placed scanning buttons
- Exceptional reading performance: high-speed laser scanner, 2D or All-Range imager
More transparency on all process levels with individual MDC devices
In order to guarantee the customer an ever faster overview of their package, the logistics service provider Dachser uses a CASIO handheld device. This is used to scan packages at pick-up and delivery. A digital signature is also taken from the customer. Data is transferred continuously from the device to the Dachser IT systems via GPRS. The data is available within a few seconds to everyone who is ultimately also involved in the flow of goods. This ensures optimum transparency and fast processing of electronic data — and keeps the customer satisfied. Delivery services appreciate the use of CASIO mobile data capture devices with their practical receipt printing. Employees confirm that more customers buy, simply because they have the option of making a secure, cash-free payment by card.
The specific application in practice
Thomas Uppenkamp is the head of the Mobile Industrial Solutions division at CASIO Europe GmbH and he explains why one of the leading service providers of logistics within Europe uses a CASIO product: "Dachser chose the DT-X10 because the CASIO DT-X10 [...] is just the right handheld device for tough conditions on the road in all weather conditions". Again and again, CASIO customers from the areas of transport, logistics or in delivery services also report how they benefit from the use of high-quality portable data capture devices in their daily work. Let yourself be convinced by the practical experience of others!