The shelves are full, sales are in progress and the customer is satisfied — just what dealers want. Always keeping a close eye on the POS whilst reacting quickly to any changes, however, is a significant challenge for companies. CASIO has taken on this challenge. Smart solutions for mobile data collection can improve the management of goods in retail and make the ordering process easier. Employees in sales particularly appreciate the ergonomics of CASIO devices and their ease of use. The work is completed more quickly and the logged data is always up to date. This not only reduces the processing times reduced, but also ensures the product reaches the end user more quickly.
Suitable products for Retail
- Open: Android 6.0.1 GMS operating system for a wide variety of apps
- Powerful: ARM® Cortex® A53 quad-core processor (1.2 GHz)
- Lightweight and robust: 325 g, IP65 protection rating, 1.5 m drop resistance
- Resists scratches and breakage: Toughened glass display screen
- Large 4.3" colour display (WVGA: 480 x 800 pixels) with touch panel
- Lightweight, at only 245–270 grams including battery
- Extremely robust with protection rating IP67 and 1.5 m drop resistance
- Highly ergonomic housing design that is extremely comfortable to hold
- Lightweight and easy to handle: 285 g
- Robust: IP67 protection class and 3 m drop resistance
- Ergonomic: non-slip housing with three conveniently placed scanning buttons
- Exceptional reading performance: high-speed laser scanner, 2D or All-Range imager
- Ultra-light: 165 g with standard battery
- Ergonomic: easy-to-handle, S-shaped balanced housing
- Practical: three conveniently placed scanning buttons
- High reading performance: high-speed laser scanner or 2D imager
Customised devices for all applications in retail
In order to present their product range optimally and to increase sales, many dealers are using mobile solutions from CASIO. The DT-X7, for example, has been successfully implemented by LEONARDO, a leading provider of glassware. Sales representatives can use the handheld terminal not only to log new orders directly, but also for comprehensive access to the entire stock, prices and delivery times. The customer can be provided with all the information they need in just a few simple steps. The transition to the new hardware and software was also quick for this company.
The specific application in practice
"After just an hour of training, the sales team had already mastered the new hardware and software and were looking forward to putting them into operation", recalls Guido Kaltwasser, head of in-house sales staff at LEONARDO. This is only one of many positive voices from real-world examples. Again and again, CASIO customers report on how they benefit daily from the use of high-quality mobile data collection devices in retail. Let yourself be convinced by the practical experience of others!