Ticketing and mobile payment systems
Large crowds and an excited mood. Smooth processes are required whenever and wherever people have to be transported on time according to a timetable, where tickets for events need to be sold or where goods need to be delivered to someone. But this is often when employees face particular challenges: for example, what should the bus driver do if someone has no cash with them? In cases like these, it is great to be able to rely on CASIO mobile data collection devices optimised for the specific requirements. Even if everyday work situations often turn out differently than expected, they function reliably and without faults.
Suitable products for Ticketing and mobile payment systems
- Open: Android 6.0.1 GMS operating system for a wide variety of apps
- Powerful: ARM® Cortex® A53 quad-core processor (1.2 GHz)
- Lightweight and robust: 325 g, IP65 protection rating, 1.5 m drop resistance
- Resists scratches and breakage: Toughened glass display screen
- Large 4.3" colour display (WVGA: 480 x 800 pixels) with touch panel
- Lightweight, at only 245–270 grams including battery
- Extremely robust with protection rating IP67 and 1.5 m drop resistance
- Highly ergonomic housing design that is extremely comfortable to hold
- Lightweight and robust: From 590 g, protection class IP54, 1.5 m drop resistance
- Ergonomic: Handy housing design with integrated printer for receipts, labels or tickets
- Practical: Paper tray with tear-off edge for rolls up to 80 mm wide
- High level of read performance: Integrated 1D/2D imager with autofocus function and two scanning buttons on the side
Individual MDC devices for a variety of applications
Perfectly coordinated technology is what matters. Checking electronic tickets is done much faster with the new IT-9000 hardware — this leads directly to increased concentration and improved efficiency of all ticket inspections. This is why transport service providers such as S-Bahn Berlin use CASIO industrial terminals and optimally customised software. Even the mobile ticket sales and receipt printing on the trains of the Deutsche Bahn is carried out using the CASIO IT-3000. Using this data terminal can also optimise electronic timetable information or ticket inspection for local and intercity train services.
The specific application in practice
"Our employees enjoy working with the lightweight devices and are pleased that they don't require any protective cases or special carriers". Uwe Streithoff is head of the Transport Services Department at the external service provider WISAG and just one of the many positive voices from real-world examples. Again and again, CASIO customers report on how they benefit daily from the use of high-quality mobile data collection devices in the area of ticketing and mobile payment systems. Let yourself be convinced by the practical experience of others!